"A boy's story is the best that is ever told." -Charles Dickens

Sunday, July 5, 2009

We're Not Going to Church...

Last week we had VBS at church. After we ate breakfast we got in the car and dwove to VBS. I told Mama that I didn't want to go to church. I saw that our car was driving to church but I didn't want to go there, I wanted to go to VBS. Mama told me that VBS was at church. I didn't believe her at first...but when we got to church, it WAS VBS! Mama was wight!!

Last year there was a barnyard and farm animals at VBS. This time there was a tent and a dog and twees and some little animals.

I had soooooo much fun at VBS. Daddy didn't get to come to VBS cause he had to go to work. But Andrew came to VBS. "Missy Dween" [Mama's translation = Miss Doreen] was my teacher. And Libby was in my class and Cassie was in my class. We had some music and yelled "Son's Wock Kids' Camp!!" and got stickers and ate honey bunnies and cheddar bunnies and put beads on a stwing and got to see the tent. And we got to play on the playgwound...EVEWY DAY!!!!!!!

Mama came to VBS but she went somewhere else. I think she was with other kids. One day when she came back to get me and Andrew, I told her that I didn't want to go home. She told me that we'd come back again the next day and that we'd get to eat some lunch when we got home, so I decided not to stay.

On the last day of VBS we went outside and ate hot dogs and chips and cookies and ice cweam.

Did you go to VBS, too?
J


1 comment:

ehuber said...

Dear J:

With all the fun you had at VBS, it's too bad I didn't get to go to the one at your church. But I'm going to be an "Island" guide at our VBS in several weeks. I get to "guide" kids around from one "station" to another. So, maybe I'll have fun like you did.

Grandpa "Hebrew"